KGS uses Gems My Learning which was called GLG ( Gems Learning Gateway) earlier, as an online Education portal. It’s not a fully blown LMS, so students can’t take quizzes/tests, submit assignments or interact. My learning serves 3 Major Purposes
- You can download files uploaded by teachers like holiday homework, resource files and curriculum ( Through My Learning > Learning Spaces)
- You can view the circulars and notices ( Through My learning > School Areas)
- You can Pay the school fees, view the Grade Cards ( Through My Learning > Pay Fees)
KGS uses other portals as well like mindspark ( for mathematics), mobymax ( for English) and Mcgraw hill connect-ED ( for Science). On these portals, students can view interactive lessons, test their understanding of a topic and also submit the assignments. They have been testing and experimenting a lot of portals and in 2016 I noticed them trying 4-5 more portals, but finally they seem to be staying with these 3.
Checking for files uploaded by teachers, Holiday Homework, other Resources
- Go to www.gems.ae
- Click on the Second Tile titled ” My Learning”
- Login with the username and password provided to you
- Click On Learning Space.
Here you will see all the files that are uploaded. You will have to view all the files one by one ( you can’t open them in a new window/tab, can’t download til you have opened the file and there is no way to check which files are unseen or are new)
Checking for School Circulars.
- Instead of Clicking on My Learning , click on School Areas.
- Click on Circulars
- Here you can see all the circulars
Offcourse Circulars are generally Emailed and also Sent with the Students to you, so you don’t need to check them very often.
Paying School Fees and Checking Grade Cards
- Click on the pay fees link.
- You are taken to the Fees payment page. You can pay fees with your credit card through either of 2 gateways
- Click on Profile to Access the grade cards/report cards