When I saw a screen named “XP Antivirus 2012”, I knew this was a virus. It wouldn’t let me go any further, and made the PC extremely slow.
Finally the Rkill.exe utility by Bleepingcomputers came to rescue. I downloaded it from a clean PC, took it on a flash drive and Ran it on my PC. It worked like a charm and took hardly any time in finding the infected files .
Removal of XP Antivirus 2012
1. Download Rkill.exe on a Clean PC.
2. Get Rkill to infected PC, and run it.
3. wait for it to finish killing the processes and take a note of the processes it killed. It gives you a list of processes at the end.
4. Delete the infected files using windows explorer.
5. Reboot the System and run Rkill.exe again, to see if it finds any other infected files.